Glendower Mansion

Glendower Mansion

The Lawn at Glendower Mansion

Located on a hill overlooking downtown Lebanon, Glendower is one of the finest examples of residential Greek Revival architecture found in Ohio. This historic mansion was erected between 1836 and 1840, and was given the name “Glendower” by its original owner, John Milton Williams, to honor the Welsh prince and hero Owen Glendower. The house has had other illustrious owners, most notably Durbin Ward, a distinguished attorney, statesman and Civil War general. This home has been called “one of the finest examples of the Greek Revival architecture style in the Middle West”.

The mansion’s exterior features include Ionic and Doric columns, classic carved cornices and porticoes and a hipped roof with a captain’s walk. The stately interior provides a natural setting for many elegant Empire and Victorian furnishings from Warren County’s past.

Glendower’s lawn is available for weddings and other special event rentals. The rental fee is $200. Sorry, the interior of the mansion is not available for rentals, but reception space is available at the Lebanon Conference & Banquet center.

Call the Warren County Historical Society at 513-932-1817 for information.

Address:    Glendower Mansion
105 Cincinnati Avenue
Lebanon, Ohio 45036