Twins, John Milton Charters and William Morris Charters (1846 - 1848), were the sons of Dr. William Morris Charters and Cynthia Dutton Seely (1806 - 1883 and 1809 - 1860 respectively). The boys died a week apart. In 1849. When Quaker artist, Marcus Mote was hired to paint a portrait of Dr. William Morris Charters, Mote posthumously painted the twins as well (we also have Dr. Charters' portrait). Dr. Charters was so distraught over the loss of his children that he, soon after, packed up his family and practice and moved west. The Betsy H. Maple Trust, represented by Karri Hamilton daughter of Betsy Maple, (second wife of William Chester “Chet” Maple), personally delivered the painting the family gifted to the Harmon Museum.