1. Test for bleeding of dye with a blotter or Q-tip
2. Vacuum with the tube covered with screen or hose
3. Prepare bath
6. Spread on a table; put several card tables together for large textiles.
7. Let piece dry in the shade outside
8. Ideal storage for textiles is flat on acid free paper
9. Ideal storage for quilts is rolled onto acid free tube with acid-free paper between layers
10. If framing, use acid-free paper behind textile and have spacer between textile and glass on front
Nathaniel Grauwelman as well as various staff and volunteer writers.