1908 Buick Model D
On display in Harmon Museum.
Gift of the Ertle Family
David Dunbar Buick, Walter Marrs and Eugene Richard started building the Model B automobile in Flint, Michigan in 1904.
The Model D was the first full-sized Buick to join the smaller Model B in 1907. The Model D has a four-cylinder, 255.0 cubic inch T-head engine that was installed in the front with a rear-wheel drive and was one of the only cars with side valves that Buick made. The brakes on the Model D are mechanical with levers attached to the rear axel and drive shaft.
FUN FACT: 1908 was the last year Buick used kerosene for their lamp headlights.
Various staff and volunteer writers.